Dealing with a tiny washroom can be frustrating. It can make your mornings less pleasant. But there are many ways you can turn it into a fancy one using different limited space bathroom designs for small bathrooms. These decors help you live large in a limited space.
You don’t need a bigger bathroom to go fancy and luxurious but turn your small bathroom to look like an expensive one.
Designing small washrooms is a challenge that needs to be approached creatively. You don’t need to spend a fortune to get an expensive look but choose clever decorative cheap bathroom ideas for small bathrooms.
Here are some of the best styling tips to decorate and glam up your little washroom. These decors are budget-friendly that’ll help you forget the upsetting look of your bathroom and turn it into an elegant one.
Creating An Illusion Of Bigger Bathroom Tips
The best way to renovate a small bathroom is to use strategies to create an illusion of a bigger bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, you can surely make it look bigger and better with different alternations and remodels. You don’t have to move walls and make the space bigger but you can remodel it to make it appear bigger.
Here we’ve some bathroom remodel before and after styling tips that will create an illusion of a bigger space.
- Using a large mirror: Mirrors helps in creating the illusion of a bigger space. It also helps in reflecting more light into the room. Using a super-sized mirror with no frames adds a feeling of a lot more space. While you’re installing a heavy mirror, use the screw with studs to support it.
- Increasing the natural light: More and more natural lights in a small room can make it look less clumsy and small. Clean and repair windows and skylights to let natural lights come into the room. Use the windows with clear glasses.
- Replace your vanity cabinet: For a more open space, you can replace your bathroom vanity cabinets with a pedestal sink or countertops. The pedestal sinks give more floor space. It can be self-installed.
- Limit the items of decoration: Using too many decorating items can make the place appear clumsy and small. Instead, keep the ones that have functional values.
Cheap Suggestions For Luxurious Bathroom Remodeling
If you want to make your small bathroom look expensive and luxurious you can fake it too.
You’ll need a fraction of the actual cost to remodel your small washroom to look luxurious and fancier.
We’ve presented you some cheap bathroom remodel ideas for small bathrooms that will help you upgrade your washroom to look like an expensive one.
- Diagonal tiling will make the space look fancy as it will open up space. Use the tile to the whole area as adding tiles to a smaller section doesn’t help much in upgrading the looks. You can cover the wall diagonally using tiles all the way up to the ceiling.
- Adding large-scale lighting will brighten up the space. Large-scale fixtures and a flush amount of chandeliers make the space look luxurious. As these won’t take up the room’s space to brighten it, it’s the biggest inexpensive luxury item you can go for.
- Using silk curtains or silk-like curtains instead of the actual shower curtain can instantly make the place look luxurious.
- You can use little fresh-looking plants to draw the eyes into the room. Plants can make the room appear bigger and better. Some plants like aloe vera, orchids, ferns, etc thrive well in the bathrooms.
- Use the containers that are classy and give an expensive vibe. You can go for glass bottles and dispensers to store shampoos, lotions and body washes. It will make the space appear luxe.
- Use towels of rich details. You can go for Turkish towels that are lightweight with ribbons to get a luxe vibe.
Things To Know Before Designing Small Bathroom
Before you consider the small bathroom decor ideas, there are certain things that you need to know. These will help you design your small bathroom space in a manner that won’t look shabby and disorganized.
- You need to segregate between wet and dry shower spaces using a physical barrier to separate them.
- Use artificial lights to make the room brighter. No matter how well organized the space is, it will still look dull without proper lights.
- You don’t need to sacrifice storage vanities to make the place look aesthetic. You’ve to make the space functionally useful.
- Avoid using the slippery tiles for looks. Go for the tiles that have no slip. But choose the color and the design right to liven up the bathroom area.
- You’ve to make sure no space in your bathroom goes wasted and unused. You’ve to make the best use of the space by choosing the right vanities that will help you maintain a clean and aesthetically pleasing design.
Suitable Colours To Make Washrooms Bigger
The Color of any space can make a high difference in appearance. If you’re a small bathroom space, you can make it look much bigger than its actual size by choosing the right color for the space.
If you’re wondering about colors for cheap bathroom ideas for small bathrooms, here’s all you need to know.
Experts suggest choosing a color that’s bright and light so that it can create a reflection of a larger space.
But although white colors reflect the most light and make the space look brighter there are tons of other options that you can consider for the long run.
You can go for pastel blue, grey, yellow, creme, etc if you want to ditch white. These colors will expand the room visually while darker colors will only make the space appear smaller.
Even colors like soft grey, taupe, pistachio, charcoal can also work wonders to make a space look brighter and more open.
More Suggestions For You
DIY Dream Catcher How To Make, Types, And More
Best Methods To Install An Electric Fence
Best Mario And Luigi DIY costumes Ideas
Decor Hacks For Small Bathrooms
If you want to make the most out of your small bathrooms you need to know about the clever hacks for efficient use of the space.
Here are some useful small bathroom decor ideas that you can try.
- Use a storage ladder and large shelves to store things.
- Repurpose and rearrange your bar cart with all the bathroom necessities.
- You can also install and use an over-the-door shelf to let no space go unutilized.
- You can use the adhesive hooks and wall shelves to store stuff.
Low Budget Bathroom Renovation Tips
If you’re wondering how to make my small bathroom look luxurious? Here we have got the perfect washroom styling tips for a low-budget budget small bathroom to remodel.
- You can install a walk-in shower.
- As real marbles are quite expensive you can get faux marbles to get the white appearance. White color can make any space appear luxurious.
- You can add glass doors to make the room appear classy.
- You can use oversized art to decorate the place.
- Use all the decor in gold and metallic accents to get a classier look.
- You can use wallpaper and graphics to distract eyes away from outdated fixtures or super small spaces.
- You can use a bench or chairs in the space.
- You can go for no separate shower doors.
Modernizing Small Old Showers
If you’re looking for small space small bathroom ideas for decorating and modernizing washroom space, here are some styling tips to make your washroom modern yet cozy.
- Use stylish toilet paper holders.
- Keep the counter space clean and tidy.
- You can go for the high-hanging shelves to save space.
- Accessories the place with arts and plants.
- Stop using the old fixtures and tiles. Upgrade it to new and modern ones.
- Use towel racks in different shapes and types.
- Enclosing your bathtub makes it cozy.
- You can also install a heated shower rack.
- You can use oils and scented candles to decorate the space.
- You can also get stylish and fancy with the storage cabinets you use in the shower.
- Refreshing the walls with new themed tiles can change the old look of the room.
- You can also update the old sinks and countertops to glam the space up.
- Place the bathroom rage strategically and use the brighter ones.
Cost Of Remodeling Bathroom
Small bathroom remodeling costs can vary. It runs something around $2500 to $5000. It depends on the type of remodeling. However, to make a small bathroom look luxurious you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to remodel it but use clever hacks to brighten it up.
Although it may cost more to replace the old fixtures and cabinets, you can also do it a little cheaper by using decor ideas to make it appear visually bigger.
Small Bathroom Vanity Types
When choosing bathroom vanities for small spaces, you’ve to be careful to not make the space appear duller and smaller. Instead, you’ve to choose a vanity that is right for the space in size as well as design.
Here are a few types of bathroom vanities for small spaces that you can use.
- Corner vanities for the bathroom don’t use a lot of physical spaces and use the unused corner spaces.
- Floating vanities for the bathroom are perfect to get a modern look. It will not take up any space as those vanities hang on the walls.
- You can use the vanities without tops to create a one-of-a-kind look.
It also saves up space.
- Built-in vanities are the customized ones that you can choose keeping in mind the size and style suited for your bathroom.
- Single sink vanities are the ideal ones for smaller bathroom spaces.
Things To Consider While Choosing Small Bathrooms Vanities
If you’re looking forward to installing bathroom vanities for small spaces you should take care of a few important points.
- Know the right size that’s suitable for your bathroom space. If you’re installing it for your kid, you can go for the shorter ones as it works well for children.
- You have to look for vanity accessories to go with it for a perfect finish.
- You’ve to think of its use in your bathroom. Consider the number of drawers and cabinet units you need.
- Choose the right color that goes with your bathroom space and style before buying.
1.What can you do with a very small bathroom?
- Use lighter and brighter colors.
- Put a super large mirror.
- Use the shower doors made up of glass.
- Use tiles for adding depth.
2.What is the smallest space for a bathroom?
15 square feet is the smallest size that can fit a toilet and a sink inside the space.
Designing small bathrooms is challenging. But certain tricks help to make the space appear larger and brighter. It’s important to choose the right tiles, shades, and lights for the small bathroom space to make it look luxurious and classy. Even incorporating bathroom mirrors can create an illusion of a bigger space.
Read More-DIY Mirror Frame Decorating Ideas